LIFESTYLE COACH - HE ORANGA POUTAMA
Turanga Health is an Iwi based health provider in Turanganui a Kiwa servicing the tribal boundaries of Ngai Tamanuhiri, Te Aitanga a Mahaki and Rongowhakaata.
We currently have a vacancy for an individual to work alongside other lifestyle coaches within the Population / Event Health Team.
He Oranga Poutama (HOP) is a Sport NZ initiative designed to increase participation and leadership as-Maori in sport and traditional physical recreation at community level. He Oranga Poutama is intended to strongly centre on Maori cultural distinctiveness and support community leadership and participation growth in sport and recreation as Maori.
The role will work with other Turanga Health Kaimahi to meet the objectives of He Oranga Poutama. The successful candidate is promised an opportunity for a wide range of job variety and work satisfaction.
About the role
The successful applicant will be a part of a team who collectively strive to achieve the following Sport NZ objectives
1. As-Maori community sport / recreation activities providing opportunities for engagement in traditional Maori recreational activity
2. Increase participation opportunities for whanau to be active and engaged in the community
3. Kaiwhakahaere as leaders - been a role model within the community
4. Revitalisation of traditional sport / recreation - ensure opportunities are available through service delivery
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate will need to display skills in:
1. A qualification and/or relevant work experience in Māori/iwi development, community development, sport and recreation, sports administration, public health, health promotion, business administration or other related areas is desirable.
2. A qualification and/or experience working in Māori community or kaupapa Māori/iwi environments is desirable.
3. Strong tikanga and te reo Māori skills are desirable.
The role is 40 hours per week. Please click on the following links for job description and application form. Applications close 23 February 2018. Applications and queries are to be directed to Lisa Tamatea at Turanga Health on 06 869 0457, email@example.com